In addition to the Devices App and a compatible Apple iPhone or iPad, the minimum requirement is one smart home device.
Apple iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max
Apple iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad (4. Generation), iPad (5. Generation), iPad Air, iPad Air 2, 9,7″ iPad Pro, 10,5″ iPad Pro, 12,9″ iPad Pro (1. Generation), 12,9″ iPad Pro (2. Generation)
Apple iPod touch (6. Generation)
Set up Devices
Set up AR
Follow these steps to set up the Augmented Reality feature:
1. Tap on the “Devices” category at the button left corner.
2. Tap on the “AR” option at the top.
3. Tap on the “Edit” button at the top left corner.
4. Move around slowly in your home, to scan your environment.
5. Move near a desired device and tap on the big “+” button.
6. Repeat step 5 for each following device.
7. Tap on the “Done” button at the top left corner.
Hide AR controllers
Follow these steps to hide controllers:
1. Tap on the “Edit” button at the top left corner.
2. Point the camera directly on the controller that you want to hide.
3. The large “+” button will change to an “x” button.
4. Tap on the big “x” button.
Recognize AR position
This may have several reasons. Verify that you have an active internet connection and are on the same WiFi network and within reach of your smart home devices. Check whether the smart home devices are switched on and operational.
For remote access, check if your Apple TV is switched on and operational.
Why am I not able to create a home?
Under certain circumstances, it is only possible to create a home if Keychain is enabled in the Apple iCloud account. To enable this feature, go to the ‘Settings’ app, select ‘iCloud’ and set the ‘Keychain’ option to ‘On’.